If you’re like me, you know that ice cream is not just a summer treat! I eat ice cream all year round. I come from a whole family of ice cream lovers! So it only seemed right to take a classic fall flavor like Apple Pie and transform it into a cold and icy treat! Apple Pie Ice Cream is like apple pie a la mode in every bite!
Bright pops of apple, hints of maple and cinnamon, creamy coconut goodness and crunchy cookies bring all of the flavors of apple pie into one bowl! I really like Enjoy Life’s sugar cookies and Trader Joe’s snickerdoodles—both are allergen free—no gluten, soy, nuts, dairy, etc. The Trader Joe’s cookies are softer so they will melt right in to the ice cream, and the Enjoy Life cookies will stay a bit crunchier. You can’t go wrong!
Satisfy your summer ice cream cravings and whip up a batch of this yummy ice cream this week! Enjoy!
Apple Pie Ice Cream
- 1 large apple (or 2 small apples), diced small
- 1 T coconut oil
- ¼ t cinnamon
- sprinkle of clove
- sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1 can coconut cream, (I like Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 t vanilla
- ½ t almond extract, optional
- ¼ c maple syrup, more to taste
- ¼ t cinnamon
- 4-6 cookies (sugar cookies, snickerdoodles or gingersnaps would all work well, divided)
- Melt coconut oil in a skillet. Toss apples in cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg. Add them to the skillet and cook over medium heat until apples are soft, but not mushy. Set aside.
- Pour coconut cream, vanilla and almond extracts, maple syrup, remaining cinnamon, and 3 sugar cookies in blender. Blend until smooth, with no cookie bits remaining. Crumble remaining cookies into ¼ inch pieces. Mix in apples and cookies with the cream mixture and pour into ice cream maker. Follow machine instructions to freeze ice cream. Store in freezer to firm up and serve!
I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment on my facebook wall or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m on Bloglovin’—follow me to make sure you don’t miss a post!