You’re just 4 ingredients away from a bar quality Cosmopolitan Cocktail made in your home kitchen!
My favorite drink!
Ever since the great whiskey and coke debacle of 2005 I’ve been a pretty strictly fruity cocktail kind of girl. Lemon drops will always have a special place in my heart. But cosmos are typically my go to cocktail in a bar. Sweet and fruity, a little bit of tartness, and a pretty pink color. What’s not to love? They’re also incredibly easy to make at home, with just 4 ingredients!
How do you make a Cosmopolitan Cocktail?
A cosmopolitan cocktail, or cosmo, is a fruity sweet and tart cranberry flavored drink. It’s made with cranberry juice, lime juice, vodka, and orange liqueur. Mix your ingredients, give it a good shake with crushed ice, and pour into a martini glass! I choose cranberry juice cocktail and limeade to sweeten the drink without having to add any simple syrup. If you don’t have a cocktail shaker you can just use a mason jar with a lid to shake!
Of Sex and the City fame
Many claim that the cosmopolitan was made popular on Sex and the City. It was Carrie’s go to drink, although I honestly don’t remember it being featured too prominently, and I’ve watched every single episode at least three times.
More cocktails you will love!
- Rosé Vodka Cocktail
- Lemon Drop Cocktail — 5 Ingredient Recipe
- Snowfall Coconut Lime Margarita
- Valencia Vegan White Russian
- Sparkling Blueberry Mojito Punch
- Champagne Sangria with Pineapple and Berries
- Sparkling Pineapple Mojito
Make it a party!
The recipe below is for a single cocktail. However, you can make a pitcher of cosmos for your next party night! Just scale up the recipe—it’s a 1:1 ratio for all of the ingredients, except for the cranberry juice, which is twice as much as the other ingredients.
Let’s Make a Cosmopolitan Cocktail!
You’re just 4 ingredients away from this bar quality cocktail! Let’s make a Cosmopolitan!
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce orange liqueur (I like triple sec)
- 1 ounce limeade (or fresh squeezed lime juice)
- 2 ounces cranberry juice cocktail
- 1/2 cup crushed ice
- Place all ingredients, including crushed ice, into a cocktail shaker (or you can use a jar with a lid).
- Shake vigorously.
- Strain into a martini glass.