These vegan Cream Cheese Peppermint Patties are sure to be your go to no-bake dessert of the holiday season! You’re just 5 ingredients and 30 minutes away from a delicious treat!
This post was originally published in February 2015. // As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Christmas is my favorite holiday of the whole year! Well, Thanksgiving all the way through Christmas is my favorite—that season conveniently holds our wedding anniversary AND my birthday as well. It’s a good run! Perhaps one of the reasons I love it so much is that it’s an excuse to indulge in some really yummy treats. Green smoothies, we’ll get back to you!
This cream cheese peppermint patty recipe comes from my mom. She might be the ultimate Christmas baker! Thanks to her we have Sugar and Spice Cookies, Grandma Henrietta’s Bourbon Balls, Classic Vegan Sugar Cookies, and Vegan Eggnog Punch with Candy Cane Ice Cream. But I digress—back to the vegan Cream Cheese Peppermint Patties!
Vegan Cream Cheese Peppermint Patties
Peppermint Patties have always been one of my favorite candies! I love the rich dark chocolate with the kick of peppermint. It’s truly a perfect flavor combo, up there with chocolate and peanut butter! These cream cheese mints are an easy treat that’s fun to make, and oh so yummy. I made them for a Christmas party a few years back and one of my friends’ husbands declared them the best treat on the buffet table! High praise, and well deserved if I must say so myself!
To dip, or not to dip?
I really love dipping these in chocolate! To me they look a little more finished, and I love the flavor combination of chocolate and peppermint. But you can absolutely leave these plain if you’d like! They look sort of like little snowballs that way—they’d be a fun treat to make with the kids on a snow day!
Other Peppermint Treats You Will Love
- Chocolate Peppermint Vegan Rice Crispy Treats
- Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- Peppermint Bark
- Vegan Eggnog Punch with Candy Cane Ice Cream
- Candy Cane Ice Cream
Melt in Your Mouth Goodness
These little vegan cream cheese peppermint patties melt in your mouth. Almost to the point where you feel like you’re not eating anything, because each bite is so smooth! Someone on Facebook asked if these were “vegan meltaways.” I hadn’t heard of those, so I googled, and it looks like those are a different delicious treat! But these really do melt in your mouth!
Vegan Cream Cheese
There are lots of readily available vegan cream cheeses to be found at the grocery store. I’ve never been a bagels and cream cheese kind of girl, but I’ve always loved any kind of cream cheese dessert….can you say “cream cheese frosting?” For my most recent batch of these cream cheese mints I used Kite Hill because it had a clean taste, and simple ingredients. For a nut free option I would recommend Tofutti. And if you need a nut and soy free option try Daiya or Follow Your Heart!
Other Christmas Treats You Will Love
- Vegan Thumbprint Cookies — Cookies for Santa
- Christmas Hot Chocolate
- Gingerbread Chocolate Bark
- Sugar and Spice Cookies
- Grandma Henrietta’s Bourbon Balls
Let’s Make vegan Cream Cheese Peppermint Patties!
Are you ready for an easy no bake holiday treat? Let’s make these vegan cream cheese peppermint patties! You’re just a half hour away from one of my favorite desserts of the season! Don’t forget to come back and leave me a comment letting me know how much you loved them!!!
Cream Cheese Peppermint Patties
- 4 ounces vegan cream cheese like Daiya (soy free!), Kite Hill, Follow Your Heart or Tofutti
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter (I like Earth Balance)
- 1 pound of powdered sugar (yes, really, see note)
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (see note)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- optional: sprinkles for decorating
- Combine cream cheese and butter in sauce pan over low heat. Stir until thoroughly melted and blended.
- Add peppermint extract to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add powdered sugar and stir until well combined. You may need to turn out the dough onto a piece of parchment paper and knead the dough with your hands to get it to completely mix.
- Keep the dough covered with a damp paper towel to prevent drying out while you are forming your candies.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. It should take about 1 1/2 minutes. Add the coconut oil and mix well—this will help keep the chocolate smooth.
- Scoop 1 rounded teaspoon of cream cheese mint mixture and roll into a ball. Flatten with a fork.
- Quickly dip halfway into the melted chocolate. Place on a piece of parchment and sprinkle with sprinkles. Place in freezer to firm up. Mint filling will dry and become less tacky as it chills.
- Once all chocolate on the peppermints has hardened, store in fridge to prevent melting (I place them in layers in a glass container with parchment paper between the layers). Allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
- These will keep in the fridge or freezer much longer than you’ll need—you’ll eat them all quickly!
From the Original Post, February 2015….
Valentine’s Day in our house is pretty low key. Irving really doesn’t like the holiday—“why do I need a special Hallmark created day to say I love you?”—and with two little ones date nights are few and far between. My parents babysat the boys last weekend so we could go out for Irving’s birthday, so we’ve reached our quota for the next few months, right? So I’m making a Valentine’s treat just for me! Cream Cheese Peppermint Patties!
^^^ My funny Valentines….who don’t like peppermint…what?
[…] more Valentine treats? Try some of these recipes: Cream Cheese Peppermint Patties Fruity Valentines Cherry Berry Cupcakes Sugar and Spice Cookies Sugar […]
[…] mentioned here before that Valentine’s Day is just no big deal around here. February is a busy month for us—Irving’s birthday is on […]