Crispy Air Fried Tofu is sure to be your new weeknight go to! Crispy and “fried” to perfection, it’s a match made in Heaven with all your favorite sauces, wraps, and bowls!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Something I hear often….in real life, in Facebook Mom groups, in my own kitchen….is that people want dinner, and they want it now! I’m split on this one. I love to cook, and I love to spend time in my kitchen baking, stirring, chopping…but come dinner time with two hungry kids, I need dinner on the table, and I also need it there quickly! Crispy Air Fried Tofu is a perfect basic to build your dinner around! A few minutes of quick prep and the air fryer does the rest of the work while you finish pulling dinner together! This crispy air fried tofu is a weeknight staple in our house!
Crispy Tofu in the Air Fryer
Tofu is a mealtime staple in our family! A quick queeze with my favorite tofu press and a shake of some cornstarch for crispiness, and the air fryer does the work for me while I prep the rest of dinner! Easy peasy! One of my concerns when I first started using my air fryer was that everything needed to be in a single layer. I’ve found that to not be true, and that you can actually pile the tofu in, within reason, and it all gets nice and crispy. Perfect for my hungry family! We are able to cook two blocks easily!
My go to weeknight meal when I don’t feel like cooking is rice, tofu, and some kind of veggie. Everyone is happy, and it doesn’t take me long to make! Winner, winner, tofu dinner! You can also make this crispy air fried tofu to pack in lunch boxes, to add to a hummus wrap, or to top a bowl meal.
You’ve seen my ode to kitchen gadgets before (or if you haven’t, go take a look!). I don’t like having a ton of single use gadgets, but having some tools to help me to be more efficient in the kitchen is a life saver! I love using my air fryer to make things in about half the time I would need to make them in my oven. I have a large basket style air fryer, and I love it!
I use my air fryer to heat up frozen veggie nuggets in the morning when I’m making lunches for the boys, late night frozen pizza bites, and even after school snacks. But I also like to use it too “roast” fresh veggies, warm up leftovers, and make dinner basics like air fried tofu!
Other Air Fryer Recipes You will Love!
Favorite Vegan Tofu Recipes!
Seriously—I told you we love tofu! Tofu makes it onto our rotation once or twice a week! Here are some of our favorites!
- Fried Tofu with Hoisin and Peanut Sauce Noodles
- Baked Tofu with Tomatoes, Lemon, and Capers
- Sweet and Sour Tofu
- Crispy Pizza Tofu Nuggets — Kid Approved!
- Fajita Tofu Scramble
Let’s Make Crispy Air Fried Tofu!
Are you ready for crispy deliciousness? Then let’s do this! Leave me a note in the comments below and let me know how much you love this Crispy Air Fried Tofu!
Crispy Air Fried Tofu
- 2 blocks firm tofu (14 ounce water packed packages, I like House Foods tofu)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- spray oil, optional (I like avocado oil)
- Press and drain tofu to remove the water. I like to use a tofu press. If you don't have one, you can wrap the blocks of tofu in paper towels and press them on a plate under a weighted object.
- Cube the tofu into 1 inch bite sized pieces.
- Place the tofu in a bowl and sprinkle with cornstarch and salt. Place the lid on and give it a good shake to coat (alternately this can be done in a plastic bag).
- Place the tofu into the basket of your air fryer. Give it a good spray with the spray oil if using.
- Close the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes at 370° (the default temperature of my air fryer). Give it a shake half way through the cooking time, and spray with more oil if desired.
- Remove the basket from the air fryer when done (or allow to cook 5 more minutes for a crispier tofu). Your tofu is ready to be enjoyed!!!