This Lemon Drop cocktail is easy to make at home, and delicious! It takes just five ingredients to make a bar quality drink in the comfort of your own kitchen!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
On my second date with Irving we met up at a bar. I confidently ordered the only drink I knew how to order—a whiskey and coke. When the waiter served our drinks Irving asked “do you actually like that?” Hesitantly I said “yeah, sure, it’s….fine.” Irving asked if he could order my second drink for me, and treated me to my very first Lemon Drop. I was hooked. Sweet and tangy, with a sugared rim. What was not to like?
Cocktails at home
Making cocktails at home is a fun way to elevate a weekend night in the comfort of your jammies! Buying a few basic ingredients is much less expensive than paying $15 per drink….or more! Plus you don’t have to worry about getting home safely—you’re already there! I like to keep basic ingredients on hand, like vodka and tequila, triple sec, and a cocktail shaker. I pick up some mixers at the grocery store, like lemonade, limeade, or cranberry juice, and I’m all set! My favorite drinks to make at home are Lemon Drops, Cosmopolitans, and Margaritas—do you see a sweet and fruity theme here? No more whiskey and coke for me!
How do you make a Lemon Drop Cocktail at home?
A lemon drop cocktail is simple to make at home. I like to use lemon vodka, triple sec orange liqueur, lemon juice (fresh squeezed), and lemonade for built in sweetness! Give it a shake with crushed ice, strain into a sugar rimmed martini glass, and enjoy! Don’t skip the fresh squeezed lemon juice—the tartness puts it over the top!
How do you make a sugared rim for a cocktail?
Making a sugared (or salted) rim for a cocktail is easy. Simply run a cut wedge of lemon or lime around the rim of the glass. Then, while it is wet, dip it into a plate with sugar or salt (sugar in the case of our Lemon Drop!), carefully rotating it around to get an even coverage. I’ve even done this with shredded coconut on my Snowfall Coconut Lime Margarita. A fancy rim takes the drink to the next level, and makes it feel more like a bar quality cocktail!
More restaurant quality cocktails you can make at home!
- Rosé Vodka Cocktail
- Snowfall Coconut Lime Margarita
- Valencia Vegan White Russian
- Champagne Sangria with Pineapple and Berries
- Sparkling Pineapple Mojito
- Eggnog Latte Martini
- Sparkling Blueberry Mojito Punch
Let’s make a Lemon Drop Cocktail!
Are you ready to make this quick and easy Lemon Drop Cocktail? You’re just five ingredients away! Give it a try, and let me know how you like it in the comments below!
Lemon Drop Cocktail
- 3 ounces lemon vodka (or use plain)
- 2 ounces triple sec liqueur
- 4 ounces lemonade (I like Simply Lemonade)
- 1 lemon, juiced (reserve squeezed lemon halves for rim)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed ice for shaking
For the Lemon Drops:
- Place the vodka, triple sec, lemonade, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker (see notes).
- Add crushed ice (or ice cubes).
- Place lid on shaker and shake well. Set aside.
For the sugared rim:
- Rub the squeezed lemon around the rim of two martini glasses.
- Place sugar on a plate. Run the rim of the glasses through the sugar, turning to coat all the way around (just the rim or it gets really sticky).
- Strain the Lemon Drop mixture into the two prepared martini glasses.
- Serve and enjoy responsibly!