Ready for the easiest dessert of the season? Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Bark is just minutes away!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Bark
Everybody needs to have a go to easy dessert in their back pocket—for last minute get togethers, moms’ night in, bringing dinner to a friend—sometimes you just need something really easy. Like REALLY easy. Enter—chocolate bark! I make all kinds of chocolate bark. I mean, just melt some chocolate chips, add some flavor, and load it up with all kinds of fun toppings! I’ve made some for Christmas, some for Valentines, and now I’ve got a perfect version for fall! Pumpkin Patch Chocolate Bark….you know….like Rocky Road, but pumpkin flavored….so it’s the pumpkin patch! It’s ok, just go with it!
You might remember that we are eyeball deep in a kitchen renovation right now. And when I say renovation I mean stripped to the studs. All the way. And I’m cooking in my laundry room. With a microwave and an Instant Pot. But it’s for the best, and I can not wait until it is finished….by Thanksgiving? Fingers crossed.
Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice
Last week I had a moms’ night in and I really wanted to bring something homemade. I know, I know, of all times to grab something at the store, or just bring a bottle of wine, this would be it. But you know me. So I made this fun Pumpkin Patch Chocolate Bark. I had some Dandies pumpkin spice marshmallows, pumpkin seeds, and a bag of chocolate chips. Boom. Done! Seriously, I made this at 7:15pm, and left for the party at 8pm. Yep, my kids had me so frazzled that day that I was willing to go out at 8pm, just for a brief escape—thanks Irving!
^^^ My exhausting wild ones—nonstop motion = blurry pics!
I modeled this recipe off of the classic Rocky Road flavor, but made some subs to keep it seasonal and allergy friendly. Pumpkin marshmallows in lieu of regular ones (but you could totally use regular marshmallows!), pumpkin seeds instead of nuts, and some dried fruit to keep it festive! I used dried apricots, but I think any dried fruit would be yummy—try dried oranges or cranberries! Add some cinnamon to the chocolate and you are done! So easy!
Look how easy it is to make!
Watch Jonny go crazy with the marshmallows!
I hope you love this Pumpkin Patch Chocolate Bark as much as we all did! Not only was it a big hit with my friends, it was a major hit with the boys! They loved it, and loved helping me make it! This would be a perfect treat for a Halloween party, and would carry you all the way through to Thanksgiving!
Pumpkin Patch Chocolate Bark
- 1 bag vegan chocolate chips I like Enjoy Life
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag of pumpkin spice vegan marshmallows I like Dandies brand, feel free to use vanilla flavor as well
- pumpkin seeds
- dried fruit orange in color, cut into small pieces
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between, until melted.
- Add cinnamon and vanilla and mix well.
- Pour chocolate mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread evenly, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Working quickly, sprinkle toppings onto the melted chocolate and press gently to stick.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes, or until chocolate is set.
- Working quickly, use a fork to break up the chocolate into bite size pieces (don't use your fingers or it will melt).
- Store in freezer or enjoy right away!
You Might Also Like…
Don’t Forget to Pin This Recipe!