Bring the flavors of your favorite Mexican restaurant straight to your home when you make these delicious Roasted Veggie Fajitas!
I had planned on posting about my favorite donut shop tonight (I’ll try to get to it tomorrow!), but I’m changing plans because I have to share the super easy dinner I made tonight. This is actually the second time I’ve made this in a week, and it is so yummy!
Roasted Veggie Fajitas!
I love to order the veggie fajitas at our local Mexican restaurant, but I’m always a little scared of the scalding cast iron pan being so close to David, and they are always drowning in heavy oil. Irving thinks I’ve got the flavor down, and…there’s no heavy oil! Plus, it is so quick to throw this together. This is a great meal to make for the non vegans in your life too! You can mix and match any veggies that you like—I’ve listed my favorites below. I think bell peppers would be an obvious choice, but I can’t stand them so I skip them! You could even use a bag of frozen veggies—I think if you just blanch them quickly you could roast them right up!
You can serve this in a bowl with rice and beans, in tortillas like a taco, or even wrapped up like a burrito. Throw in some fresh tomatoes, cilantro, and avocados too. Add this to your meal plan this week!
This crazy guy was eating the raw tofu right off the pan—hard core vegan! He helped me dice the tofu and also mixed the veggies with the seasoning. I love finding easy ways for him to help me in the kitchen.
Roasted Veggie Fajitas
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- small sliver of achiote/annatto paste (see notes)
- ½ teaspoon oregano if you can find Mexican oregano that is best!
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 6 large carrots
- 1 large onion
- 1 package firm/extra firm tofu drained and pressed
- 1 Tablespoon oil I like using avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Mix all fajita seasonings together in a small bowl (you can make bigger batches of this and save it).
- Chop all veggies into smaller pieces (sliced/diced carrots, cauliflower florets, diced tofu, sliced onions) and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle seasoning mix over all of the veggies and toss gently (don’t smoosh the tofu).
- Roast the veggies in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping them 1 or 2 times to roast evenly. Remove from oven and serve over rice, in a tortilla, or just on your fork! You’re gonna love this!
I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment on my facebook wall or send me an email at email@example.com.