A few weeks ago, just the day after we got home from our family trip to Whistler, I was anxious to get back into the kitchen. I had a craving for chocolate chip cookies, and I decided to check out The Joy of Cooking to see if they had any good recipes I could veganize. I then remembered I had some marshmallows leftover from our campfire cones and decided to add them to the cookies. Then realizing that my gluten free SIL was still in town I decided to see if I could make them GF too. And I ended up creating the most delicious concoction of a cookie ever. They are so good. And easy. And addicting. And they taste like S’mores! And so good, did I mention that?
^^^ I pretended like I was going to follow this recipe for about a minute. And then I made a couple of tiny modifications. Just a few. Ok, I changed everything.
So I got to baking. I added in some aquafaba—the new miracle egg. I’d used this in Somer’s Best Chocolate Chip Cookies and it was just the right binder—I wondered if it would work with these gluten free cookies too? Yep, it did!
People have also had great success using aquafaba to make marshmallow fluff—its pretty amazing. I tried a batch of these cookies using the homemade fluff but it wasn’t quite right. It was too thin and incorporated into the cookies too much—for these to be the best you need to have big chunks of marshmallows to caramelize!
Speaking of the marshmallows—I use Dandies Vegan Marshmallows*. We’ve been using these for years—they are a camping staple for us, plus we like them in hot chocolate, campfire cones, and even as a snack! Just last week (completely coincidental timing) they wrote to me and asked if I had heard of them, and if I would be interested in trying some. Yes, of course! And they asked if we would also like to make a video of the boys doing the Chubby Bunny game. Um, yes, David was SO excited.
So what are you waiting for? Grab yourself a bag of Dandies and get baking! These cookies are SO delicious! I’d love for you to follow me on Instagram, and tag photos you post of my recipes with #frieddandelions so that I can see! I love to see what you’re cooking!
S'mores Chip Cookies
- 1 c rolled oats use certified gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 c coconut flour
- 1/2 c rice flour
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 6 T aquafaba (the liquid drained from a can of beans—I have used black bean and kidney bean)
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/2 c chocolate chips I use Enjoy Life
- 1 c vegan marshmallows packed (I use Dandies!)
- Preheat your oven to 375°. Line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the oats, coconut flour, rice flour and baking soda in your food processor.
- Process until the oats are ground up fairly finely, a little coarser than regular flour.
- Add the coconut oil, brown sugar, aquafaba, and cinnamon and process until it forms a sticky dough.
- Add the marshmallows and pulse a few times, making sure you can still see big chunks of white marshmallow.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few more times just to incorporate.
- Place the dough in rounded tablespoons onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
- Cookies will still be VERY soft. Let them cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes—they will firm up but still be soft and chewy—and then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Enjoy!
I love to hear from you! Please leave a comment below, on my facebook wall or send me an email at email@example.com. You can follow me on Instagram, via email (subscribe on the top right of the screen), Twitter, Pinterest, or Bloglovin’ to make sure you don’t miss a post!
* This post is not sponsored. I received the marshmallows free from Dandies, but was not compensated for my post. Dandies is a brand we use and love!
[…] S’Mores Chip Cookies […]
[…] Brownies Perfect Gluten Free Brownies Maple Dinner Rolls S’Mores Chip Cookies Carrot Muffin Cakes …and […]
[…] Cones are probably the more efficient version of a s’more. Don’t get me wrong, I love s’mores, but they can be tough to put together, you get these big awkward bites of cold chocolate and […]
[…] S’Mores Chip Cookies – Fried Dandelions […]
[…] liquid) from the beans! You can use it to make: Perfect Brownies Maple Dinner Rolls S’Mores Chip Cookies Carrot Muffin Cakes Peppermint Patty Cupcake Brownies …and […]