This vegan whipped cream fruit dip will take you straight back to the 80s! With just 4 ingredients, and 5 minutes to make it, it’s sure to be a hit at all your summer get togethers!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My parents throw a huge 4th of July BBQ every year. And every year, when I was a kid, my mom put me in charge of making a cool whip fruit dip! It was my favorite! With just 4 ingredients it was super easy to make, and always turned out yummy. We would set it out on a huge platter with cherries, strawberries, grapes, and cantaloupe and it would disappear quickly! I decided it was time to veganize it so that my kids could enjoy a taste of my childhood!
Cool Whip Fruit Dip!
Cool Whip Fruit Dip is just what it sounds like! A dip, made from Cool Whip, vanilla pudding mix, frozen orange juice concentrate, and a little milk to loosen it up. It blends up quickly, and holds up pretty well because of the thickness that the pudding gives it. It’s delicious!
How do you make Vegan Whipped Cream Fruit Dip?
Making a vegan version of whipped cream fruit dip is easy now that plant based whipped topping is readily available! This dip uses the kind found in the tub in the freezer section, not the aerosol bottle. Many (most?) store bought pudding mixes are already vegan too—just double check the ingredients. Most use sugar, corn starch, and some sort of flavoring. I mix them up with a little non dairy milk, and frozen orange juice concentrate. You could also use prepared orange juice, but the flavor won’t be as concentrated.
Mix it up for different occasions!
It’s fun to play with different fruit combinations! For kids, I made rainbow skewers with marshmallows on the ends! For 4th of July or Memorial Day BBQs you could do a plate of strawberries, blueberries, and cherries. You can create fun monochromatic looks on skewers, like green grapes and honeydew, mango and cantaloupe, or raspberries and strawberries! Or keep it simple and just pile up a plate full of fruit! It will be delicious no matter what!
My kids really loved this, especially when I made them the rainbow fruit skewers! Such a fun way to present the fruit, with a bonus marshmallow. You could also set out toothpicks for easy dipping of individual fruit pieces.
More vegan summer party treats!
- Vegan Texas Sheet Cake
- Firecracker Popsicles
- Vegan Jello Jigglers
- Vegan S’mores Cookie Bars
- Campfire Cones — Three Ways!
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream (dairy free!)
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
Let’s Make Vegan Whipped Cream Fruit Dip!
You’re just 5 minutes, and 4 ingredients away from this classic vegan whipped cream fruit dip! Leave me a note in the comments below and let me know how you like it!
Vegan Whipped Cream Fruit Dip
- 1 tub vegan whipped topping (10 ounces, see notes)
- 1 packet vanilla pudding (3.7 ounce packet)
- 3 Tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup non dairy milk
- Let the whipped topping thaw on the counter for 30 minutes. You don't want it to be too melted, but you do want to be able to mix it with the other ingredients. 30 minutes should be enough to get you started.
- Place the whipped topping, contents of vanilla pudding packet, frozen orange juice concentrate, and non dairy milk in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a hand held mixer, blend the ingredients until fully incorporated, and the sugar from the pudding mix is fully dissolved (it will dissolve on its own as it sits).
- Serve with fruit and enjoy! You can store in the fridge for several days if you don't eat it all in one sitting!