Digger Dirt Cups
These dirt cups are guaranteed to be a hit with both kiddos and grown ups alike!
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 6 -8
- 3 ounces chocolate chips/chocolate bar Enjoy Life is a good allergy safe brand
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 12.3 ounce package of silken tofu these are shelf stable, not refrigerated. You could substitute for other tofu, but I can’t promise the exact consistency. Flavor will still be great!
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- 1/4 - 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 can of coconut milk refrigerated overnight (I like the brown can of coconut cream from Trader Joe’s or the Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1 package of chocolate cookies I like Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Cookies
- Small plastic trucks to decorate I got these— http://amzn.to/1Wr4ONF
Carefully drain your tofu—just open the package and let the water drip out, without losing the tofu in your sink! Puree the tofu in your food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides. Set aside.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and coconut oil. Pour into the food processor with the tofu. Add the maple syrup, cinnamon, and vanilla. Puree again until fully incorporated. Set aside again.
Carefully remove your refrigerated coconut milk from the fridge and open the lid. Scoop out only the hardened cream on the top, saving the watery coconut milk for tomorrow’s smoothie. Place the coconut cream into your mixer and beat on high (gradually) until the cream is whipped and makes soft peaks when you lift the whisk out of the cream. Turn the speed down to low and slowly incorporate the chocolate tofu mix into the coconut cream. Bring the speed back up to high and beat for a minute or two, keeping it nice and fluffy (don’t over beat). Place in a storage container and refrigerate until you are ready to serve. It will firm up even more once chilled.
While it is chilling place all of the cookies into your food processor and pulse until the cookies are crumbled with no large chunks remaining (or eat the chunks—problem solved!). Set aside.
Once chilled, scoop into serving bowls. Garnish with a big scoop of the chocolate cookie "dirt." Top off with a digger truck or the garnish of your choice. Serve to your favorite truck lover!