Kim Chi Bowl with Red Curry Almond Sauce
Kimchi is not only extremely tasty, but its probiotic qualities also help your gut health. In this bowl, the kimchi is nestled among brown rice, broccoli, adzuki beans, and a spicy red curry almond sauce; it’s a flavor explosion!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
For the bowl:
- 1 cup 184 g long-grain brown rice
- 2 cups 245 ml water
- 1/2 pound 225 g broccoli florets
- 1 can 15 ounces, or 425 g adzuki beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon 15 ml liquid aminos
For the red curry almond sauce:
- 21/2 tablespoons 38 ml water
- 2 tablespoons 32 g almond butter
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 15 to 20 ml lime juice
For the assembly:
- 1 cup 170 g store-bought vegan kimchi
- 2 tablespoons 16 g black sesame seeds
To make the bowl:
Place the rice and water in a rice cooker (that has a steamer basket) and cook for 20 minutes or until the rice is soft.
For the last 5 minutes of the rice cooking, place the broccoli florets in the steamer basket and cook until bright green and slightly crunchy.
In a small pot over medium heat, mix the adzuki beans with the liquid aminos and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
To make the red curry almond sauce:
Divide the rice and broccoli among 4 bowls.
Divide the adzuki beans among the bowls.
Place one-quarter of the kimchi in each bowl and drizzle the red curry almond sauce over the top. Garnish with the black sesame seeds and serve.
Reprinted from Vegan Bowl Attack!: More than 100 One-Dish Meals Packed with Plant-Based Power By Jackie Sobon, published by Fair Winds Press