Mac and Cheese with Pumpkin
Creamy macaroni with a bright orange cheesy sauce—your kids will never suspect they're getting a big serving of veggies!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 16 ounces elbow pasta one box, choose gluten free if necessary
- 2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch mixed with 1 Tablespoon of water to make a slurry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 14 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil optional
Bring a large pot of water to boil.
Add pasta to boiling water. Cook and then drain well.
Add the milk, pumpkin, garlic powder, onion powder, olive oil, turmeric, nutritional yeast, and salt to the now empty pot. Whisk until smooth. Add the cornstarch slurry and whisk again. Warm over medium low heat until slightly thickened.
Add pasta to sauce and stir well. Let cook about 5 more minutes over low heat to let the flavors soak into the pasta.