Cranberry Salsa for Christmas
This Cranberry Salsa is perfect for bringing to holiday parties! It takes less than 5 minutes to make, and will be the first thing gone off the buffet table—trust me—I speak from experience here!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 2 cups fresh or frozen whole cranberries I use one 10 ounce bag of frozen cranberries—soak in warm water until thawed
- 1 large orange quartered with peel ON (or sub 4 small clementines)
- 1/2 cup shallot (I used one medium sized shallot)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeño (check to see how spicy yours is—I'm a bit of a wimp so I remove the veins and seeds and still only use about half of one)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (can sub coconut sugar to keep it refined sugar free, but do not use a liquid sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
Place all ingredients in the food processor.
Pulse until the ingredients break down, but are not pureed. You are looking for a relish consistency, and should be able to see bits of all of the ingredients.
Serve with tortilla chips. I'm serious—I told you that was easy.