Perfect Vegan Brownies with AQUAFABA! Fudgey, dense, sweet, chocolatey—and a perfect crackle top!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil plus extra for greasing the pan
- 3 ounces ~1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup aquafaba liquid from a can of black beans—your can will probably have closer to 2/3 or 3/4 c—make sure you measure
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 3/4 cup all purpose white flour
- 4 1/2 ounces 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch baking pan* with extra coconut oil and set aside.
In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, melt 3 ounces of chocolate chips and 1/4 c coconut oil.
When melted, remove from heat. Add in brown sugar, maple syrup and pinch of salt and whisk together.
Measure out the aquafaba and whisk with a small whisk until slightly foamy.
Pour the aquafaba into the chocolate mix and whisk together.
Add vanilla, cinnamon and instant coffee and whisk to incorporate.
Add the flour to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Fold in 4 1/2 ounces of chocolate chips.
Pour the brownie batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 minutes. The brownies will be moist but set.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for about an hour before serving.
These taste delicious topped with my Cinnamon Coconut Whipped Cream! Enjoy!
I find that they keep their best texture when stored in the fridge—they stay extra fudgey this way!
* I have baked these in ceramic and glass pans.