Homemade Boxed Mac and Cheese
This Homemade Vegan Boxed Mac and Cheese comes together in the same amount of time as the store bought version!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (not smoked)
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 Tablespoons vegan butter plus extra for serving if desired
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 pound pasta (use gluten free if needed)
Bring a medium pot of water to boil on the stove. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
In the meantime, mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
Drain the cooked pasta.
While it is draining, place butter into the now empty pot over low heat. Once melted add the non dairy milk. Mix together and then add the dry mix. Mix well.
Add the pasta back into the pot and toss to coat the pasta with the sauce. Add an extra pat of butter if desired. Serve right away!