Bok Choy Salad
This Bok Choy Salad was a staple in my childhood, and it's just as delicious as I remember it! It makes a perfect no cook dinner!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 8 people
For the Ramen Crispies:
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 packages of ramen noodles with flavor packets
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
For the Salad:
- 1 large head of savoy cabbage maybe 2 pounds (or sub napa cabbage or 3 bunches of baby bok choy), sliced thinly
- 5 green onions sliced thinly
- 1 carrot, grated or cut into julienne strips
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. With the packages closed, crunch the ramen noodles by hand, or with a potato masher to crunch them into small pieces. Set aside.
Heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet. Add the maple syrup, soy sauce, crunched ramen noodles and seasoning packet contents, sesame seeds, and almonds (if using). Stir quickly for a few minutes, allowing the sauce to caramelize and coat the noodles. The noodles will still be very crunchy. Remove from heat and spread the noodle mixture out onto the parchment paper and allow to cool.
Slice the cabbage and green onions thinly and place in a large bowl. Add the grated carrots.
In a separate small dish, mix the dressing ingredients together. Pour over the cabbage. Add the noodle mixture and toss everything well. Allow to stand for 30 minutes before serving for best flavor! Enjoy!