These Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars are a no bake dessert that comes together in just minutes! With just 4 main ingredients they’ll be your favorite dessert for summer!
As an Amazon Affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Summer is officially here in the PNW. And by summer I mean that my kids are home from school and we’re on day 3 and I’m pulling my hair out. I don’t mean that it’s warm or sunny, because it is neither of those things….yet. That happens here on July 5th. Then it will truly be summer. And I will be ready with this easy, 4 ingredient, delicious NO BAKE dessert! Did you see that? NO BAKE!!! Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars are the ultimate summer dessert. No oven, no measuring, no hard to find ingredients. Just a few pulses in a food processor for the crust, a quick stir for the filling, and freeze. To quote Ina, “how easy is that?”
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars with Cookie Crust
These ice cream bars couldn’t be easier. We start with a cookie crust. Just simple sandwich cookies do the trick here. You can use regular Oreos, or opt for organic cookies like Newman’s Own or my local house brand Field Day. Add them to your food processor (the whole package—remember, no measuring), and give them a pulse. Add a half a stick of melted butter (technically this is eyeballing, not measuring) and pulse again. Transfer to a pan, press, and freeze. The filling is equally simple. I use 1 tub of So Delicious Coco Whip, and 1 pint of dairy free mint chocolate chip ice cream (no measuring, again!). Add some food coloring if you desire a brighter green color. Stir. Pour over crust. Top with sprinkles. Freeze. Eat. Do you see how easy this is?
Vegan Food Coloring
Whole Foods is really killing it in the vegan game right now. This year they introduced plant based food coloring. It’s affordable, simple, and it works. It’s perfect for frosting cookies! They also added two plant based sprinkles to their house line—these chocolate sprinkles pictured here and some white ones. I love them both, and they add a fun touch to whatever your baking or making.
Ice Cream Bar Flavor Options
These no bake ice cream bars are really flexible. You could mix up whatever flavor combination you like. I’ve already shared the recipe for my Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars which are essentially the same, in a different flavor! You could also do a cookies ‘n cream ice cream bar with the same chocolate cookie crust. Or maybe coffee ice cream? We also recently made these with a pretzel crust and chocolate ice cream. Hint: do not dump the bag of pretzels into your food processor. Remove the pretzels by hand to avoid dumping a ton of salt into your crust. We learned this the hard way. But the combination of chocolate and pretzels is so tasty!
No Bake Desserts that you will Love!
- Maple Bacon Ice Cream with Bourbon and Walnuts
- Vegan Chocolate Mousse
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
- Grilled Nectarines with Balsamic Basil Reduction
- Coconut Tapioca Pudding
- Salted Caramel Pretzel Chunk Ice Cream
Let’s Make Dessert!
Ready to make these Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars? I thought so! Let’s get
cooking pulsing/stirring/freezing. You’re just minutes away from a super simple summer dessert! Leave me a note in the comments below to let me know what you think!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bars
- 1 package sandwich cookies (choose vegan!)
- 4 Tablespoons dairy free butter, melted
- 1 container dairy free coconut whip (I use So Delicious brand)
- 1 pint dairy free mint chocolate chip ice cream
- food coloring (optional)
- sprinkles (optional)
- Place the cookies into a food processor. Pulse several times to break up the cookies into crumbs.
- Add the melted butter to the cookies. Pulse a few more times to mix thoroughly.
- Line a 8 inch square pan with parchment paper in both directions, making a cross. This will make removing the ice cream bars much easier.
- Add the cookie crumb mix to the prepared pan. Press into the pan and smooth out, working all the way into the corners. Set in the freezer to chill while you prepare the filling.
- Add the coco whip and ice cream to a mixing bowl. Add a few drops of food coloring if desired. Mix until completely blended.
- Pour the filling over the prepared crust, and spread out evenly.
- Top with sprinkles if desired (you could also use mini chocolate chips).
- Allow to freeze until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and let warm slightly to make the crust easier to cut. Cut into squares and serve. Store any remaining ice cream bars in the freezer.