This easy vegan Creamy Sesame Ramen is packed with flavor and comes together in just 30 minutes! —from The Stingy Vegan’s new cookbook 30-Minute Frugal Vegan Recipes.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I’ve got a new and delicious recipe for you from my friend Melissa Copeland, aka The Stingy Vegan! She’s got a brand new cookbook out called 30-Minute Frugal Vegan Recipes! Today I’m sharing Melissa’s recipe for vegan Creamy Sesame Ramen soup. An easy creamy broth, loaded with veggies, noodles, and tofu that comes together in a half hour—seriously, what’s not to like?
The boys both headed back to school last week, including Jonny….on his first day of kindergarten! And while everyone and their mother would like to ask me about my new found “free time,” the reality is that I’m just as busy as before, if not more so! I am all about quick and easy 30 minute meals that I can squeeze in after getting home from the boys’ after school sports practices!
30-Minute Frugal Vegan Recipes by The Stingy Vegan
30-Minute Frugal Vegan Recipes is a gorgeous cookbook—full page color photos, a clean and airy design, and an easy layout to navigate. The book is divided into 8 chapters, including main dishes, morning munchies, snacks, and even desserts. Melissa, vegan since childhood, says she goes to ridiculous lengths to save a couple of bucks. She also hates to come home from work, only to have to spend hours in the kitchen preparing dinner! So she has worked to make simple, inexpensive recipes that come together in a short amount of time, getting dinner on the table that much faster! A native of Canada, Melissa now lives in Barcelona (a dream!), and produces recipes in both English and Spanish on her second blog Cilantro and Citronella.
More Recipes from 30-Minute Frugal Vegan Recipes
- Cranberry Oat Breakfast Cookies
- Black Bean Salsa Burgers
- Battered Sweet Potato Tacos
- Coconut Lentil Curry
- Veggie Packed Mexican Rice
- Veggie Burgers
What is Ramen?
Ramen feels like the trendy soup du jour! Ramen shops are popping up all over Seattle! Ramen is simply quick cooking noodles served in a broth with meat or veggies, the sophisticated older sibling to cup o’ noodle! In this vegan ramen the noodles are served with fresh veggies and tofu! While you can find many vegan ramen noodle packages that you simply add to a bowl of hot water, making the whole soup from scratch is so much more delicious, and easy too!
Loaded with Veggies!
This recipe features broccoli, mushrooms, and fresh green onions! You can always mix up the veggies to suit your tastes. I think thinly sliced carrots would provide a yummy crunch and a pop of bright color as well!!!
Packed with Protein!
This ramen gets its protein from tofu! Melissa recommends smoked tofu which is really delicious! I used regular tofu, as I already had it on hand, but I send the boys with smoked tofu in their school lunches and they really love it! You could also use thinly sliced seitan for a more “beef” like ramen. Or edamame!
Creamy Sesame Ramen Soup
This Creamy Sesame Ramen soup is so simple to make! While your veggies and noodles are taking turns cooking, simply warm the broth on the stove, and mix up a separate tahini “flavor paste.” When all of the components are cooked you add some of the tahini mixture to a bowl and ladle the broth on top. Stir together, add your noodles, and top with veggies and tofu. Yum!
More Vegan Cookbooks you will Love!
- Drool-Worthy Vegan Cinnamon Donuts from A Virtual Vegan
- Fried Tofu with Hoisin and Peanut Sauce Noodles
- Cauliflower Curry Grill Packets from Vegan Yack Attack On The Go!
- Teriyaki Veggie Burgers from The Vegan 8
- Smoky Skillet BBQ Baked Beans (Vegan Baked Beans)
- Edamame Miso Soup from Awesome Vegan Soups
- Red Curry Soup with Lentils by Vegan Richa
- Black and White Cookies from NYC Vegan
- Holiday Orange Spice Cake in the Instant Pot!
Let’s get cooking!
Are you ready for this yummy and simple Creamy Sesame Ramen soup? You’re just 30 minutes away from a delicious dinner! Leave me a note in the comments below and let me know how you like it! And be sure to order your own copy of 30-Minute Frugal Vegan Recipes today!
Creamy Sesame Ramen
- 2 1/4 cups 535 ml vegetable stock
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 7 ounces smoked tofu, sliced (half a block), see notes
- Pinch of salt
- 3 ounce broccoli
- 2 packages of ramen noodles (I like Koyo brand)
- 8 button mushrooms sliced
- 3 Tablespoons tahini
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 2 teaspoons rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 green onion chopped
- sesame seeds
- Place the stock in a small pan over low heat to warm up. Bring a medium pot of water to the boil.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the tofu on both sides. Remove to a plate and sprinkle with a pinch of salt, then brown the mushrooms.
- When the water boils, add the broccoli and simmer until bright green and tender. Remove to the plate then add the noodles and cook until tender.
- Meanwhile, combine the tahini, soy sauce, sriracha and vinegar. Divide this mixture between two bowls and ladle over the hot vegetable stock. Stir well.
- Add the ramen noodles, tofu, broccoli and mushrooms. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds if desired.